On This Page
The Course Hub is a quick way to link your disparate course materials (blogs, electronic reserves, articles, wikis, and sites) in one location so that they are easily found by your class. Spend a few minutes adding Resources for your online course materials and these will be available to your students throughout the semester. At the very least add your syllabus and make any course site a Resource.
Course Hub for Faculty
When faculty log into the CourseHub, they will see a list of all the courses they are teaching. Each course will have a site with basic information about the course including its title, description, instructor, schedule and location. Faculty can add to their course hub sites a syllabus and resources.
Troubleshooting: If a faculty member logs in and does not see an accurate course list for the semester, check to see if Course Catalog has the correct information.
- If the Catalog information is incorrect, the Department Coordinator should contact the Registrar’s Office. After the Catalog has been updated, the new information, including an updated course list, will become available in the Course Hub.
- If the Catalog information is correct, contact the Tech HelpDesk.
Adding a Syllabus to your Course Hub Site
To add a syllabus to your course hub site, click on the “+ Add Syllabus” link.
There are options to copy your syllabus text and paste it into the hub site or you can upload a file that contains your syllabus.
NOTE: the Course Hub only supports the sharing a single file directly on a given Course Hub site. To share more files, create a resource such as an ERES page (for files stored in ERES) or a Canvas or WordPress site.
Adding a Resource to your Course Hub Site
The Course Hub allows faculty to create resources for their course. Currently the following resource types are available:
- Canvas site (related documentation is here: Canvas@Middlebury
- WordPress site (related documentation here: WordPress)
- ERES page (related documentation here: Electronic Reserve FAQs)
- RSS Feeds
- Middfiles Classes Folder
- Second Life
To add a resource to your course hub site, do the following:
- Click on the “Manage Resources” button in your semester dashboard OR
the “Resources” link in the right sidebar of the hub site for a particular course
- Click on the “+ Add a Resource” button
- Chose which kind of resource to add
- Fill in the required fields and click on the “Save” button